anelok competitor?

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Tue Dec 10 16:58:16 EST 2013

Yann Sionneau wrote:
> No easy solution indeed, but it seems feasible on Chrome and Mozilla
> (Firefox, Firefox OS, Firefox on Android) platforms.

Nice, thanks ! They seem to be surprisingly low-level, basically as
if you had access to libusb. That's a little scary :-)

> So the fact that Firefox and Chrome already have such API:
> http://developer.chrome.com/apps/usb.html

Hmm, Chromium already dislikes the call to chrome.permisssion :-(

> https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/WebUSB

Does Mozilla really have it ? I haven't been able to find any
further information than that Wiki page. And that page is from
August 2011 and was never edited ...

> But it's maybe not a good solution for today (except if you are OK
> to drop safari and IE support ;))

Well, it's already a lot better than anything I knew of this
morning :-)

Thanks,