anelok: power games

Felix sucotronic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 03:25:46 EST 2013

> Here's the proof - no cables attached:
>
> http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/werner/anelok/tmp/on-battery.jpg

Wow, it looks great! It even looks better than a lot of kickstarter
"prototypes" ;)

> While things look better now, the initial poor results may indicate
> that a stronger battery may be needed. The boost converter could
> also run from a single AAA cell (which would require only a
> moderate size increase) but the current unstabilized battery
> voltage rail (MCU and RF) would have to move past the/a converter,
> which means that the converter would be continuously active.

You've more experience than me in this business, but I've in my "to test
list" the bq25504
 from TI; according to specs, it has decent efficiency with even less than
1V power and 10ua current: http://i.imgur.com/iyiiogs.png

--
Felix