anelok: power games

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Tue Dec 17 02:14:04 EST 2013

Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
> I hope you choose to go with 1xAAA.

I still hope I can avoid it :) But let's see what further experiments
yield.

> The case gets thicker and the gadget weighs a bit more.

I'm not concerned about weight - Anelok currently weighs about
23 g (measured, including battery and memory card) at roughly 27
ccm, i.e., a bit less than water, making it feel "light". A few
extra grams would make feel it more substantial.

Thickness is a bigger issue. And so would be the battery
blocking an entire side of the PCB. AAA would be less punishing
if combined with a touch sensor (that is thin and could go right
over the battery), but we don't know yet how well that would
work.

I still don't like the tendency of leaking this type of battery
has, though.