Statistics: December 2012

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Tue Jan 1 10:46:33 EST 2013

First of all, happy 2013, 0x7DD, 13.0.0.0.0, etc. !

Now, from the statistics department:

IRC traffic on #qi-hardware and #milkymist:

http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/werner/stat/irc-qihw-1212.png

The mailing lists:

http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/werner/stat/ml-qihw-1212.png

Milkymisty and Qi-Hardware showed opposite tendencies: while the
former was fairly quiet and in the case of IRC even reached a
level of silence not seen since 2010, Qi-Hardware had a slight
increase of IRC activity and the mailing list had - only barely
topped by January - one of the busiest months of the whole year.

Of course, one explanation for Milkymist falling silent is that
Sebastien was busy setting up and running EHSM, and that several
Milkymist regulars were either in Berlin or rapty watched the
video feed, and hung out on #ehsm.

Over the entire year, we saw Qi-Hardware and Milkymist settle in
patterns less dominated by "flagship" products but more by
smaller projects and topics related to general geek life, with
Milkymist being the focal point for things related to FPGAs and
Qi-Hardware basically for all the rest (although there is some
FPGA discussion there as well, and we should see a lot more of
that when Wolfgang's fpgatools project goes public).