UBB pattern generator

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Sat Jan 19 21:01:01 EST 2013

Paul Boddie wrote:
> But isn't it obliged to do so in order to be SD-branded?

Duh. I think I'll refer that one to the Legal Department :-)

> SPI is interesting because a lot of Arduino shields use chipsets that
> talk to the main Arduino board using SPI.

SPI is everywhere :-) It's a bit wasteful when it comes to the
number of pins but has very friendly semantics. Since there are
no timing requirements besides the maximum clock, it's also
easy to implement it in software, including in user space
without dirty tricks.

> but aside from various pins in
> the headers, there's also an ISCP header that has them all in one place:

And we have avrdude to talk to it. Here are the patches for
Ben+UBB:

http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/ben-blinkenlights/source/tree/master/avrdude