Statistics: June 2013

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Tue Jul 2 09:54:53 EDT 2013

Fresh from the statistics department:

IRC traffic on #qi-hardware and #milkymist:

http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/werner/stat/irc-qihw-0613.png

The mailing lists:

http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/werner/stat/ml-qihw-0613.png

June saw IRC traffic on both channels plummet to unprecedented lows.
According to the high-low pattern I mentioned last month, June was
in fact expected to be slow. Just turned out to be slower than
usual.

Meanwhile, the mailing lists showed the opposite trend: Milkymist
maintained it traffic level, which has been fairly constant over the
last months, while Qi-Hardware jumped back from the dead and had an
about average month.

I didn't have much time this month to follow what's going on on the
lists, but I noticed that the discussions on Milkymist are seeing a
change in direction: away from the original platform to new uses and
new hardware. This could get interesting.

Last but not least, please note that the location of the Milkymist
mailing list has changed. The main page is now on