anelok: Y-Box cases, USB device

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Sun Nov 10 09:08:45 EST 2013

I didn't have much time to play with Anelok this week, but I made a
few CNC runs of the Y-Box case. There is a strange problem on the Z
axis: most pieces seem to be "compressed". Of course, if I adjust
the machine coordinates to expand the Z axis, it will obey to the
letter and dig way too deep into the workpiece. Murphy works in
strange ways.

I also corrected some errors in the model.

Here are the results so far:

http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/werner/anelok/tmp/ybox-first-acrylic.jpg

The 6th attempt doesn't look too bad, so I think I'll have that
issue sorted out before too long. The case looks a bit ungainly,
due to the enormous height of the USB A receptacle, but making that
prettier is not a priority for now.

I also (finally !) killed the remaining showstopper bugs in USB. It
now enumerates and also plays nicely with lsusb:

# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 049: ID 20b7:ae70 Qi Hardware Anelok Password Safe
Bus 001 Device 046: ID 1357:0707 P&E Microcomputer Systems

(The 2nd item is the FRDM-KL25Z development board I use for
programming.)

The USB stack doesn't do anything yet (besides enumerating), but
with the device side working, I can now proceed to host mode, which
uses much of the same code.