anelok: the Y-Box paint job, part 3: action

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 09:50:37 EST 2013

The *Anelok Y *accessory case looks very nice!

[These questions meant to help you communicate with future readers of your
Anelok wiki.]

Is this description of function of each Y-box connector correct?

1a Full size USB A connects Anelok Y to a [optional?] wired keyboard for
entering password and related information into Anelok. An alternative is to
enter data using the jog wheel on Anelok, But that is rather slow and
tedious in comparison to using a full keyboard.

1b The full size USB is also used to connect Anelok to a PC for injecting
passwords as needed.

2 One Micro USB (female) connects Anelok Y to USB power supply, to provide
power to USB keyboard.

3 Second Micro USB (female? male?) is used as data connection from
Anelokpassword safe to
Anelok Y case.

** [I am not clear how this is done to avoid various security compromises.
You might craft a  short & sweet not-too technical explanation for a high
level overview.
~~~~~~~

New subject:

Your *Anelok* project is moving at a brisk pace. Good stuff! Assuming your
goal is an Indiegogo funding campaign, what are your thoughts about case
manufacturing process for in volume:

1,000
10,000
100,000 and up <--- this is the goal, right? ;)

Milling plastic and paint might (?) be adequate up to low hundreds?

You are a shining example of how to create open hardware using open
processes.

Bravo!

Ron K Jeffries
rjeffries at gmail.com