anelok: competition: myIDkey

Felix sucotronic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 04:08:46 EST 2013

Definitively anelok looks from far better. Also your communication with us
(normal people with love for open source hard/soft) is incredible. The
fingerprint and voice recognition are like "bells and whistles" to promote
the product, but we all know that fingerprint reading is not secure.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 4:41 AM, Werner Almesberger
<werner at almesberger.net>wrote:

> By the way, I found a company that makes a somewhat similar
> device:
>
> http://myidkey.com/
>
> At 80.0 x 35.6 x 22.1 mm (63 ccm), it's a little bulkier than Anelok
> with currently about 84.5 x 30.0 x 10.4 mm (26.4 ccm). Pretty design,
> though.
>
> Other differences include that they use voice recognition (nice) and
> a fingerprint scanner (dubious), that they have a rechargeable
> battery (good luck with that :-), and that they have lots of nice
> wireless options, for which I envy them.
>
> They seem to rely on having a PC around for password/account
> management and even a cloud service (optional, probably to fool the
> gullible). And of course there doesn't seem to be anything open
> about their hard- or software.
>
> They did a nice kickstarter campaign
>

> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/myidkey/myidkey-passwords-at-the-tip-of-your-finger
>
> but now the whiners are up in arms because there are some
> delays
>

> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/myidkey/myidkey-passwords-at-the-tip-of-your-finger/comments
>
> - Werner

Felix