anelok: competition: myIDkey

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Thu Nov 21 09:55:10 EST 2013

Paul Boddie wrote:
> I wonder if the patent trolls have shaken them down over the voice
> recognition yet.

Good point. Anything that's audio signal processing ought to be a
mine field.

> All your base are important to us!

What's cute is that they say they were still making design changes a
month ago, yet they predict to start shipping this month. It's not
entirely impossible, e.g., if they plan to ship some pre-MP devices
they made or if the changes are really really small and can be done
on the fly, but still sounds a little odd.

> P.S. One might also conclude that there is also a market for Kickstarter
> "campaign promotion" services,

Hah, look at how the experts do it:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alexklein/kano-a-computer-anyone-can-make

Already at x 2.4 after two days.