anelok: more light

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Oct 1 16:29:05 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 1. October 2013 17.55.18 Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Felix wrote:
> > I've not tested them, but in seedstudio there're some screens:
> > http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/20-epaper-panel-p-1595.html.
>
> Ah, they look nice. And there's even a 1.4" version. A bit pricy,
> but with a friendly interface. (Basically another variant of the
> usual LCD/OLED controller with charge pump.)

Yes, this is related to the display I referenced earlier [*]. Here's the
manufacturer's page for the above:

http://www.pervasivedisplays.com/products/2inch

And the display I was using:

http://www.pervasivedisplays.com/products/27

> Update time is fairly slow with 2 seconds, though.
>
> Might be a nice choice for other projects, though.

If you are paranoid, the prospect of ghost images is enough to put you off
using this for passwords, as I mentioned earlier.

Paul

P.S. Progress on this project looks promising, though. :-)

[*] http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben_E-paper