anelok: more light

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Tue Oct 1 16:33:02 EDT 2013

Paul Boddie wrote:
> If you are paranoid, the prospect of ghost images is enough to put you off
> using this for passwords, as I mentioned earlier.

Ah yes, that's a very good point. Would be a bit embarrassing to
have the device shut down with a bad battery, ESD discharge, or
whatever, while displaying a password, part of the unlock code,
or similar.

I guess even regular LCDs could suffer from the same effect.

I wonder if burn-in might be a long-term concern with OLED.

> P.S. Progress on this project looks promising, though. :-)
>
> [*] http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben_E-paper

Nice :) How is readability at night ? Are the surrounding light
sources sufficient ?