anelok: more light

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Oct 1 17:53:21 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 1. October 2013 22.33.02 Werner Almesberger wrote:
> > [*] http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben_E-paper
>
> Nice :) How is readability at night ? Are the surrounding light
> sources sufficient ?

You asked me about daylight before, to which I gave an unsatisfactory answer
as I recall ;-) but the reflectance of the display itself is somewhat like
light grey paper or a classic seven segment display like the ones you get on
those RSA code generators, digital watches and the like.

The surface is fairly dull but light sources can still be reflected by it and
obscure the displayed image. Still, the surface is more like LCD screens
classified as "matt" rather than the ubiquitous "glossy" LCD screens (a bit
like the Ben's screen, but potentially worse) that drive people wild (and not
in a good way).

Paul