anelok: a bit of USB

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Sat Oct 26 19:58:17 EDT 2013

Paul Boddie wrote:
> It's not "please use freely but only with our stuff", by any chance?

Of course it is.

And, as a novelty twist, paraphrasing, "If you create a derivative
work, you have to tell us so in writing. And by the way, we get to
own it, too."

Further descending into madness, they also state, quote "You must
advise Freescale of any results obtained including any problems or
suggested improvements thereof."

It goes on with "8. INDEMNITY. You agree to fully defend and indemnify
Freescale [blah blah blah]"

Then, taking a bold step into surrealism, "You must treat the Software
as confidential information [...]".

One more gem: accepting the license means you give up fair use:
"You are not authorized to use any Freescale trademarks, brand
names, or logos."