anelok: first light

Felix sucotronic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 02:42:52 EDT 2013

> I did a first estimate a while ago:
>
> http://lists.en.qi-hardware.com/pipermail/discussion/2013-September/010189.html

I overlook that, sorry :P

>  > Say for example, the screen is on 10 times a day for 2 minutes, with
> 210mah
> > from a cr2032, and a sleep consumption of 0.1 mA we can expect:
>
> I think we should be able to achieve a standby current < 10 uA.
> The components that draw battery power directly are the MCU, RF,
> and the boost converter. Each of them should be able to idle at
> less than 1 uA.

So, lowering the on time to 30s and putting 0.01 ma

on time: 10*0.5 / (60*24) = 0.34% of time
sleep time: 99.6% of time
usable battery power: 210*0.7 = 147 mAh

147/ (0.013*10+0.986*0.1)= 3343 hours = 139 days!!

(I put the numbers for that people like me that're not much into the
electronics world :P)

> Well, with half the daily power consumption, I estimated about two
> months of daily use on a battery. According to Amazon.com, a pack of
> ten CR2032 should cost about USD 2-3 and would last almost two years.

The only reason I don't like very much the CR2032 is because of the
environmental concerns :S Anyway is a good option.

--
Felix