Anelok: hoverable wire frame model

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Sun Dec 28 07:35:45 UTC 2014

Here's a first test version of the hoverable wire frame model:

http://anelok.com/test/

Known bugs:

- perspective isn't always right, especially not for dimensions,
- some lines one would expect to be "under" others are on top,
- the areas are not only hoverable but also clickable - leading
  straight to 404,
- descriptive texts aren't very good and perhaps too short,
- unusual font settings may send text where it shouldn't go,
- Konqueror doesn't like what I'm doing here and gets the
  coordinates wrong. Chromium, Firefox, and rekonq are fine.

The concept is fairly flexible: the pop-up descriptions could
contain all sorts of HTML elements, including links.

Source:

https://gitorious.org/anelok/anelok/source/web/dwg

All this uses a 3D model based on my current prototype. Since this
will change in the future, also the hoverable stuff will need
updating. Alas, there's a lot manual drawing and tweaking in there,
so the update will be a bit of work.