Nanonote End of life

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Tue Feb 11 18:53:34 EST 2014

Paul Boddie wrote:
> Werner could presumably tell us a bit about that; from what he
> has said in the past, I think he even has one of those [AVT2].

You remember well :-) The AVT2 was basically a "Ben, as it should have
been done", with USB host (1) and twice the RAM.

As far as I can recall, there were no other changes. A small number of
units was made as a collaboration of Sharism and Universidad Nacional
de Colombia, but the two eventually went separate ways.

(1) The SoC in the Ben does support a USB host port (not OTG, though)
    but this has been overlooked when selecting which SoC signals to
    bond from die to PCB (2), so these signals are not available on
    the Ben's PCB.

(2) The Ben uses CoB (Chip-on-Board) where the bonding is not
    determined by the chip's package - for there's none - but is done
    when assembling the PCB.