Nanonote availablity

rakshat hooja rakshat at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 04:48:28 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Werner Almesberger <werner at almesberger.net
> wrote:

> Christoph Pulster wrote:
> > I have 3 units left in stock, after this the Nanonote is past.
>
> This is sad news. I tried a number of times to find out about
> the 1000+ Bens that should at some point of time still have
> existed in the warehouse of a fulfillment center in Hong Kong,
> but my enquiries were ignored.
>
> Rakshat Hooja mentioned that www.idasystems.net still had some
> 70 units. It may not be very convenient for individual buyers
> to get things from India, especially considering that payment
> is only via SWIFT, but maybe you could consider getting some of
> these to make them more accessible.

As Werner mentioned, I have 70 odd Nanonotes in stock but am not really
full time focusing on the Idasystems shop these days. I would be happy to
sell these to people who may be able to use them for productive use at a
reasonable price (We had paid USD 95 per unit to Sharism and I was thinking
thinking of USD 90 as the price. SO a small loss for me but people have
nanonotes in their hands).

There are two issues with this. Payment via SWIFT bank transfer involves
dealing with a bank and shipping costs/import duties can add to the cost of
the Nanonote.

I had a few ideas to work around this but am also open to suggestions:

a) If enough people are interested, I can open an Paypal account (not very
keen on this but it is one way to accept credit cards)

b) If there is enough interest for a group buy of over 20 units in a
particular country/ address, I would be happy to cover shipping costs at my
end

c) If any other distributor is willing to take the entire stock (minus a
couple of units, which I will keep for sentimental reasons) I would be
willing to negotiate to a lower price)

d) I would also be willing to exchange nanonotes with with other
interesting  openish hardware projects (like exchange few nanonotes for a
pandora or neo900 or GTA04. Not yet sure how this will work, I am still at
the thinking stage)

I would be happy to hear your thought. If you are purchasing, you may not
wish to flood the list so my email is rakshat at idasystems.net

Thanks

Rakshat

Please use Firefox as your web browser. Its protects you from spyware and
is also a very feature rich browser.
www.firefox.com