anelok: battery measurements
werner at almesberger.net
Mon Jan 6 12:32:27 EST 2014
Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
> What is your design target for battery life when anelok is used as a
> password safe?
I estimate about 2 months for moderate use. Moderate use being in
the order of 5 minutes active per day, every day.
But this is just a very very rough estimate. Several factors play
into this, including
- the number of uses per day,
- how responsive the UI is (i.e., how long it takes until you
get to the password),
- how much light it produces (the more pixels on the higher the
- individual auto-lock time preferences,
- how much of the time you run on USB power (the two months are
for battery only),
and so on.
Whether the battery life is acceptable will have to be determined
with devices in real-life use. If it sucks, we can always try
More information about the discussion