anelok: new and enhanced Y-Box (draft)

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Thu Jan 16 18:01:11 EST 2014

EdorFaus wrote:
> I threw together a quick diagram of the basic use cases for this,
> based on my understanding of things

That's the spirit ! And yes, it's exactly right. Thanks a lot !

One minor nit: the Anelok case ends in a half-circle on the side
of the wheel, with wheel and half-circle having the same center.

> (The essence being, take the RF dongle and merge the old
> Y-box into it.)

Yup, that's the whole trick :)

> However, I couldn't figure out how to make a clone of the wiki
> repository in such a way that I can then send a merge request
> against it.

Hmm, there doesn't seem to be a direct way to do it. According to
https://gitorious.org/gitorious/pages/Todo
"be able to clone the wiki repository" should be implemented
"soon", but then it says the same about "be able to push to the
wiki repository (project admins only?)" and this works already,
at least for me as project owner.

You could try to
git clone git at gitorious.org:anelok/pwsafe-gitorious-wiki.git
and then push. Since the Wiki is publicly writeable, maybe that
includes pushing ...

If all else fails, you could just make a "normal" clone, host it
wherever you want, and send a pull request "out of band".

> By the way, the project page mentions that the license is CC-BY-SA
> for the hardware, and GPLv2+ for the software, but what about the
> documentation (such as the wiki)? What license is that supposed to
> be using?

Good question. CC-BY-SA may work. I treat it sort of as catchall
for anything that isn't clearly software. There's the GNU FDL
specifically for documents, but at a very quick glance it looks
a little over-engineered.