anelok: new and enhanced Y-Box (draft)

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Thu Jan 30 18:02:23 EST 2014

EdorFaus wrote:
> [2]: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5462305/is-creative-commons-attribution-3-0-compatible-with-gpl-v2

This seems to suggest that you couldn't basically change the license
but that they can otherwise coexist fine. Dual-licensing as a fail
safe is certainly an option.

> It's basically the same line of thinking as I have with regards to
> the core tenet of communism. It's a rather nice-sounding idea, IMO -
> but it doesn't work in practice. We humans simply aren't built for
> it.

Hmm, communism is a tricky topic. A great analysis followed by
interesting if controversial ideas followed by trying it at the
wrong places at the wrong time combined with simply doing it wrong
followed by societal development obsoleting many of the original
tenets.

Would be interesting to see what Marx would write about it today,
though.