more ATUSB ?

R Paxton mrrhq1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 02:17:34 EDT 2014

Well the Debootstrap Wiki page really helped. Of course I had to add my own
utilities, especially the networking ones, to make the system more usable
out of the box. I've also added in more files. Maybe I should start a blog
or edit the Wiki page to reflect some of the meager changes.

For example, here's a working multistrap.conf to install EmDebian Grip
Stable.

----
[General]
arch=mipsel
cleanup=true
directory=rootfs
noauth=false
bootstrap=Grip Debian Security
aptsources=Grip Debian Security

[Grip]
packages=busybox-static dropbear htop ifupdown iproute iputils-ping mc
mtd-utils procps tmux triggerhappy u-boot-tools udev vim-tiny
source=http://www.emdebian.org/grip
keyring=emdebian-archive-keyring
suite=stable-grip

[Debian]
packages=
source=http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian
keyring=debian-archive-keyring
suite=stable

[Security]
packages=
source=http://security.debian.org
keyring=debian-archive-keyring
suite=stable/updates
----

I tried using vanilla Debian by changing the bootstrap to Grip and the
aptsources to Debian and Security, but it wouldn't boot. Maybe I wasn't
trying hard enough. That's alright, EmDebian is quite good enough. I like
how small it is. I'll keep the backup rootfs, try out some tips from the
UBIFS wiki page: http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ubifs

And then see if I can get the whole root partition "UBIfied".
I want to thank everyone here for this great little device, I only wish it
had more loving support.