Anelok: battery holder comparison

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Tue Jun 3 09:13:12 EDT 2014

Here's the battery holder story I promised.

For those who just tuned in, this is what a MPD LP2032SM battery
holder looked like after just a small number of battery insertions:

downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/werner/anelok/tmp/lp2032sm-cracked.jpg

Also the similar MPD BLP2032SM, which would have been a "plan B",
has the same problem and it's even worse there:

downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/werner/anelok/tmp/blp2032sm-cracked.jpg

More details:
lists.en.qi-hardware.com/pipermail/discussion/2014-May/010617.html
lists.en.qi-hardware.com/pipermail/discussion/2014-May/010618.html

I mailed MPD about this problem two weeks ago but didn't get a response
so far. Well, there's more fish in the sea ...

I experimented quite a lot with CR2032 batteries during the last few
years and have a collection of holders. These two are somewhat similar:
MPD BA2032SM and Keystone 1060:

www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/BA2032SM/BA2032SM-ND/257743
www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/1060/1060K-ND/303556

For comparison, here are all four:

downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/werner/anelok/tmp/batcomp-top.jpg