Anelok: oscillator choices

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Fri Jun 6 08:27:22 EDT 2014

Felix wrote:
>  Thanks Werner! It seems to be a little nice micro to test it.

The C8051F3xx also have the interesting feature of tuning their
RC oscillator based on the USB signal they see from the host.
So they don't need a crystal.

V-USB can do this too (which is easier with low-speed anyway
since the SOF is just a pulse.)

> V-USB is always the last resource to use. I prefer to have as much flash
> memory as possible to code ;)

Then you need a decent amount of RAM plus a uSD card holder ;-)
BTW, from the "no frills" department, these holders are rather
nice:
www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/114-00841-68/114-00841-68-1-ND/2187101

Push in, pull out. No fancy spring-loaded mechanism yet still
not nearly as fumbly as the ones with a hinged cover.