Anelok: sealing against physical tampering

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Wed May 7 11:14:15 EDT 2014

Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
> I hate to say it, but that's a significant investment, money that could be
> spent elsewhere.

Hmm, considering how the NSA and related organizations tend to spend
their money, having a 24/7 surveillance team do a bit of state-paid
tourism in Argentina doesn't sound all that bad :-)

> It would be more cost effective to simply eliminate the
> threat, if you understand what I'm saying.

Hah, I always suspected you were our resident CIA operative !
I better lock away my AK-47 then, considering what is known to have
been done in these latitudes ...

> You will be missed my friend. Especially on the irc channel, where you are
> a voice of reason, a paragon of open hardware/software DIY/Maker
> engineering virtue

What a nice epitaph ... *snivel* :)

> Ron K Jeffries (who's not smart enough to be a threat to anyone except
> himself)

Hah, an unseen danger, not drawing suspicion wherever he is going,
who can strike without a warning and from nowhere. Now there's a
person whose house not only needs to be bugged but to be built with
surveillance equipment. Even the gravel in the driveway ought to
have eyes and ears.

Always remember: if you don't see anything suspicious, you didn't
look hard enough.

The slide with which the NSA justifies the next budget doubling will
probably have your picture on it.