Anelok: the power struggle

Felix sucotronic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 06:38:07 UTC 2015

> The bad news is that memory cards are allowed to draw quite a bit more
> power than I thought. One is specified as using up to 75 mA during for
> a write, which can take up to 250 ms. At 3.3 V, that's about 250 mW,
> about twice the best-case power output of a CR2032.
>
> Real-life consumption of a card may be well below this, though.

I was curious about that and find some data on stackoverflow:
http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/37173/low-power-micro-sd-card-storage/123386#123386

As I'm not very handy with electronics calculations, I try my trial-error
system to calculate capacitors for my homemade circuits combined with a web
with capacitor calculator, but for this case (if I haven't put the wrong
numbers), it seems that you would need a ¡50mf one!

[image: Inline image 1]