Anelok: migration to GitLab

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Sat Apr 18 01:59:41 UTC 2015

xiangfu wrote:
> Repo folked. :)

Great !

By the way, what do you think of this patch ?
https://gitlab.com/anelok/anelok/commit/51d7ec45c44742e23893ebcd2a1e66f381634f3a

It gets rid of compiler warnings (the only ones building the firmware
produced), but I don't know if upstream would have any issues with
this change, i.e., if there is some deeper reason why these functions
are not "static".

Another problem I found is the crc7 license. It's under GPLv2 while
the rest of the firmware is GPLv2+ or some BSD variant. It would be
nice if we could find a version of crc7 that's under GPLv2+ or some
even more permissive license.

I looked around a bit, expecting that it should be trivial to find an
efficient (i.e., table-driven) version in the public domain, but to
my surprise came back empty-handed. Maybe CRC-7 is just *too* easy
for anyone to even care ;-)

Given that speed is hardly an issue here, we could just use a version
that calculates the CRC bit by bit, but that would be a bit lame.