Why I joined: the NanoNote

marmorine s.marmorine at gmx.de
Mon Apr 20 00:42:57 UTC 2015

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 23:43:36 +0100
Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross <maillist_qi-hardware at aross.me> wrote:

> I still use my NN every week, i listen to music (dispute the noise
> but i don't notice the noise with the type of headphones i use.) and
> i use bard for learning drama scripts and hnb for notes.
>
> I still love my little nn.

Me too, I am an active user, and run homebrew on it in various
scripting languages. For me its primarily a learning tool (both the
system and to use learning programs I write), and so I have never been
bothered by the lack of some features. For example I don't need any more
connectivity than to my PC via ssh.

I guess my feeling is that you could improve the NN a bit in all
directions (memory, power), but no real fundamental changes. If I want
to have a smartphone then I will buy a smartphone, I don't need those
kind of features in a small system, being open and flexible is far more
important to me.

I think the best word to describe the NN I have seen is charming, and
part of that attraction is that it is like nothing else.

That said, I am taking note of the other suggestions mentioned, keeping
an eye out for similar projects.