Why I joined: the NanoNote

Felix sucotronic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 06:41:12 UTC 2015

IMHO Nanonote was fairly cheap to develop, because it took advantage of
being developed not from scratch, but from a chinese pocket translator, so
most of the developing cost was avoided.

After going to sale for some time, the traction was not enought to make
feasible to develop next version, and most people need to work for a
living,
so the people involved in the nanonote development leave the project aside
and continued their lives.

I've learned a lot with it, even programming somethings in assembler to
test the mips architecture. But now is something that rest in my "museum"
drawer, next to the wikireader...

For anybody interested in a real computing device, and openness, but with
enought budget, best looke at openPandora, or the next iteration, the Pyra
;)

Felix