Anelok: saving more power (1/2)

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Thu Apr 30 09:29:36 UTC 2015

Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
> What do people who will purchase and use anelok consider a minimum time
> between required battery changes?

By the way, regarding the cost of batteries: CR2032 can be quite
expensive if you buy them one at a time, but you can get much
better prices if you buy a few.

For example, after running out of my old stash I found a shop a
few blocks from my place that sells a box of 100 CR2032 cells
for ARS 500 (USD 39-57, depending on which exchange rate you
apply).

If using them just for Anelok, this box of cells should easily
outlive me. Now compare this with the overall costs caused by
rechargeable batteries that only last a small number of years
and then need expensive replacement or even a new device.

For alkaline AAA, more frequent shopping experiences would be
needed because they self-discharge faster than CR2032 and will
eventually leak. But we're still talking about years between
trips to the shop if you don't mind keeping two or three
batteries in a drawer.