Anelok: saving more power (1/2)

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 12:19:23 UTC 2015

Cost (and nearly universal availability, e.g. when on travel) of selected
battery is one factor to consider.

An equally important issue IMO is effort ("hassle factor") of needing to
change anelok battery. A longer interval between battery replacement is
certainly desirable.

If the battery is not rechargeable (I understand reasons you prefer
non-rechargable) here's the key question:
"What replacement interval is long enough to not annoy users so much (so
often) that it outweighs the value add of a secure password safe?"

You want to sell a LOT of anelok (one would assume). My sense is it will
appeal to a wide audience. Selling 100,000 units would not shock me. If the
user experience is excellent, your sales could be in the million+ unit
range.

---
Ron K. Jeffries
805-567-4670