Anelok: business poll results

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Aug 12 15:38:52 UTC 2015

On Monday 10. August 2015 19.07.00 Bas Wijnen wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 09, 2015 at 08:18:20PM -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> >
> > This means that we will need to find a "plan B" to fund the next
> > stage of development.
> >
> > I'll pitch Anelok at the CCCamp, but this is more a place for
> > finding developers (which we need, too) than investors.
>
> I'm not surprised, and I think this list is filled with the same type of
> people.  I have no idea where to find investors; I try to avoid those kind
> of people when I can. :-p

Indeed! Still, I happened to be reading the latest Mailpile blog article [1]
today and noticed that Bjarni refers to the Open Technology Fund [2]. They
seem to support a variety of projects [3], and Anelok does seem to be
substantially less vague than some of those listed.

One of those projects - Subgraph OS - may even be at the CCCamp, judging from
a tweet I saw, so you might even be able to meet funded individuals and be
able to peek behind their isometric architecture diagrams [4] - very fake
retro, a bit like Wired magazine circa 2003 - and anonymous-looking GitHub
presence [5].

Paul

[1] https://www.mailpile.is/blog/2015-08-10_Issue_Cleanup_Frenzy.html
[2] https://www.opentechfund.org/