diy pcb making problem (acid + oxygenated water)

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Thu Aug 27 15:28:12 UTC 2015

Rafael Ignacio Zurita wrote:
> What I am seeing is that the toner is removed when I am trying to
> remove the copper with acid. Then, the board left ruin :(

Interesting effect :-) How long did you etch until you got
this ?

> http://fz.hobby-site.org/hp660lx/board-problem.jpg

The solution looks very green. Maybe add a bit of 30% peroxide
until the color gets more blueish. You also seem to have a lot of
etching solution. You only need enough to submerge the board.

If you use a hermetically sealable container, you can reuse the
solution. If it gets stale, you can refresh it by adding a bit of
HCl and peroxide.