diy pcb making problem (acid + oxygenated water)

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Thu Aug 27 15:48:59 UTC 2015

Rafael Ignacio Zurita wrote:
> I got that "interesting effect" in few boards I tried :(

I've never seen anything like this. Maybe the toner chemistry
is unusual.

Did you clean the PCB with alcohol before applying the toner ?
When cleaning, you'll also remove any (usually black) residues
from the steel wool you used for scrubbing.

> it lasted around 7min - 10min etching I think

This sounds like a reasonable duration. By increasing the
peroxide concentration you'll make it faster, which may help.