diy pcb making problem

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 11:48:22 UTC 2015

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 2:50 PM, Werner Almesberger
<werner at almesberger.net> wrote:
> Rafael Ignacio Zurita wrote:
>> I am sharing, how does it look so far?
>
> Pretty good. You may be using a bit too much solder, though.
> There are two important considerations when soldering:
>
> 1) Use plenty of flux.

I am using plenty/a lot. I have already learnt that from your projects :)

> 2) Always make sure you heat each of the things you want to join
>    as directly as possible. Only then will the solder flow freely
>    and make good contacts.

This is a little hard yet. I do not have a good soldering station now
Well, it is good (zd 931), but the pencil does not have a small tip, so I just
touch a bit the the things, and then I take a bit of tin on the tip
and just touch really fast. I check the join with tester and if I get
the "beep" I do not touch it anymore; because if I do, I often
break the join and then I can not fix it anymore

> If you pre-tinned the PCB, then there will also be a tiny amount
> of solder on the pads, making it even easier to solder the pins.

The same that in 2). I try to do, but if it is really hard then I do
not try harder to continue.

Rafa