Anelok: rework plan, battery update, left-shift, Anelok in China

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Mon Feb 16 18:15:22 UTC 2015

Felix wrote:
> Nice and simple idea to test it, but... wouldn't be more accurate to put a
> constant current load to test it better?

I could try to make one. Not sure if it would be more accurate,
though. Also, I would then have to develop a detailed battery
model and translate the results.

The battery performance is specified by Energizer precisely as
a discharge into a 15 kOhm resistor. A setup that differs
significantly from this would produce different behaviour, which
that model then would have to correct.

And since I just want to know whether my battery is still
healthy, and don't quite plan on writing a thesis on CR2032
chemistry and physics, I took the easy approach of just
duplicating the reference setup and be patient :)