Anelok: The slide

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Tue Jan 13 20:30:09 UTC 2015

Paul Boddie wrote:
> Initially, I thought you'd effectively provided a physical scrollbar,

Aaah, now I see what you mean: using the absolute position.

I didn't think of that, but that may actually work, too - especially
if one combines it with a dynamic "zoom" that somehow transitions to
relative positioning when the movements get smaller.

Someone should try it ;-)

> but from
> what you've written, I guess it's more like a scrollwheel,

Yes, like a scroll wheel, a mouse, or a touch pad. Not like a
tablet, touch screen, or light pen.

> Yes, all the usual fun of working with sensors!

Yeah. I guess someone who's into control theory could have quite the
party there ;-)