Python 3 (was Re: Anelok: next round of case parts 1/2: fixing issues)

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Tue Jan 27 12:50:10 UTC 2015

Paul Boddie wrote:
> Where have you been, Werner?! Python 3.0 came out in 2008. :-)

Heh, I don't use Python much. My only contacts with it were for CAD
scripting (language dictated by the CAD systems) and then some for
measurement tool automation (because I wanted this to be scriptable
and Python looked like the most popular choice).

Thanks for the explanations, everyone ! I hadn't quite realized
that Python 3 was such a profound departure from Python 2.

> Having now acquainted Werner with Python 3, perhaps we shouldn't mention the
> latest core developer push for type annotations in Python. :-)

Hmm, I like strong typing, but hiding the types in comments,
seriously ? I know the pythonites don't like parsers, but still ...