Anelok: case design (1/3): screws

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Fri Jul 10 22:43:40 UTC 2015

Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
> What does "T5" refer to?

Torx drive, size 5, with an inner diameter of 1.42 mm:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torx

You'll see the T5 marking when shopping for screwdrivers.

The actual size of the screw's head is a function of the drive size
and the head's geometry. E.g., if we look at page 14 of the EJOT
DELTA PT catalog [1], we get head diameters for T5 from 3.0 (WN 5452)
to 3.6 (WN 5451).

Note that this page contains one table, not multiple individual
tables: the dark-grey table on top shows the thread size that goes
with the respective drive in the head-specific sections below.

E.g., T5 corresponds to M1.6 [2] in this case.

[1] http://www.ejot-avdel.se/sites/default/files/product/files/Brochure_EJOT_DELTA_PT_10.10_en.pdf
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_metric_screw_thread