Anelok: business 1/4, company and director

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Thu Jul 16 21:18:15 UTC 2015

The research phase of Anelok is beginning to bear fruits and it is
time to think about product development. Product development and
then commercialization requires a proper framework for doing business
and involves the handling of money.

I have been looking for a while for someone who could take care of
setting up and operating such a business, and I'm now happy to announce
that David Ball has volunteered to take this important role.

We already worked together a few years ago in the gta02-core project
that aimed to make a fully Open Hardware successor to the Openmoko
GTA02. While that project wasn't able to obtain the components it
planned to reuse, it was a good practice run for the open development
process and it provided infrastructure that serves us to the present
day.

The plan is that Dave will soon create a private UK limited company
which will then "own" the project. Dave will be the director and both
him and me will be shareholders.

A round of welcoming applause, please !

There is more, though: this company needs objectives and it needs
financing. I'll cover this in the next mails.