Anelok: new logo !

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Thu Jun 25 17:55:54 UTC 2015

On 06/21/2015 09:19 PM, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> A few weeks ago, I proudly showed my Anelok to Martin De Luca, a
> designer friend of mine. He was duly impressed by all the technology
> but hated the logo. So he made a new one.
<snip>
> How do you like it ?

I like it!

It also gave me an idea for another variant of it, see the attached
image (based on the new-logo-sim.png file).

It's basically the same thing, but moved the "LOK" to below the "AnE" so
that the lock body becomes the O.

This makes it closer to a square, in case that helps placement anywhere.

I'm not sure I like it any better than the (new) original, but figured
I'd suggest it for your consideration.

I also considered (based on some other ideas posted here) to make the L
hollow like the n, suggesting an open lock to that side, but I'm not
sure it really looks good or is understandable... maybe if the L was
smaller like the n, but... that makes it even harder to read, too. :P

-EdorFaus