Anelok project hosting (was: Anelok: the end is near ! (3x))

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Mon Mar 16 23:57:56 UTC 2015

Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:
> Why not Savannah?

Ah, good old Savannah ! :)

> The FSF seems even less likely to just shut down
> (or `change their business plan')

Yes, I wouldn't worry about that. But then, using Savannah does seem
to come with a good dose of FSF politics, and the FSF has fairly
extreme ideas about what's "right" and what's "wrong" when it comes
to making hardware.

While these ideas may be quite reasonable when you consider the
FSF's core assets (mainly the GPL as embodiment of the four freedoms,
and the resulting cultural impact), they also clash with things that
you run into when making even moderately complex hardware.

Now, Anelok may in its current state actually pass all of FSF's
criteria, but I wouldn't want to depend on being able to guarantee
that this will be so forever, or have to argue about
interpretations.

So I'd prefer a place that's more relaxed about such things.