Anelok: save the slider !

Dave Ball qi-hardware at daveball.org.uk
Wed Sep 2 15:38:28 UTC 2015

[repost - I sent the original off-list by mistake!]

> Anelok's capacitive slider has made a terrible mistake - it has
> caused embarrassment for its boss. Worse yet, the slider gives
> no sign of accepting the blame and removing itself gracefully.

I won't pretend to understand how the capacitive slider is intended to
work, but reading here:

http://www.embedded.com/design/mcus-processors-and-socs/4415133/Adaptive-Kalman-filtering-for-better-buttons-slider-capacitive-sensing

I was interested in their description of a slider "A slider is a series
of touch buttons cascaded together with overlapping transitions and
designed specifically to track finger position and movement."

As I understand it, the current Anelok slider is actually a linear
slider, not a series of buttons. Are there some alternative layouts of
the PCB track that would make the slider less prone to atomspheric
variations?

Dave