Recent Stuff: Nitrokey Storage and EOMA-68 jz4775 Board

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Jan 5 00:30:41 UTC 2016

Happy New Year!

The forwarded announcement below appeared on the FSFE discussion list. I
thought it might be interesting to compare the promoted device to Anelok given
that it is targeting the password management application of Anelok, although
it is also bundling support for other things. The crowdfunding page is, as
usual, heavy on the promotion and light on the technical details, but it may
also be informative about demand for such things (or if people are merely
baffled by them).

Meanwhile, for those still hoping for a successor to the Ben, it's perhaps
also interesting to see that the EOMA-68 initiative is making progress on
delivering a jz4775 version of the PCMCIA profile card with 2GB RAM on board:

http://rhombus-tech.net/ingenic/jz4775/news/

And with these two areas covered, hopefully almost everyone here will be
happy! ;-)

Paul