%(qi-html-head)s %(qi-html-body-top)s

Anelok: current out of Vbat

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Fri Mar 25 17:26:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 01:33:43PM -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> AAA (and similar) cells have a mechanical anti-reversal feature: the
> protruding "nipple". With a suitable mechanical design, a device can
> thus prevent the battery from making contact when reversed.
>
> But what if this turns out to be too difficult to implement ? After
> all, it's already pretty hard to find battery contacts that have an
> even vaguely suitable shape. (I.e., that's still on my to do list.)

You have to design the case anyway.  I would expect that the case is the
battery holder, so you only need to insert the contacts.  Since it's your
design, it's trivial to add such mechanical polarity protection.

I find your electronic solutions interesting, but I don't think you need them.
;-)

Thanks,
Bas