%(qi-html-head)s %(qi-html-body-top)s

Anelok: snippets

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat Apr 22 16:04:43 UTC 2017

On Saturday 22. April 2017 17.31.34 Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Paul Boddie wrote:
> > I imagine that this is what some mail clients might do.
>
> I guess so, but I think it might be nice to have a better reading
> experience also without having to use a HTML-capable mail reader.
> Or am I the only one who uses mutt ? :)

Well, it's a nice way of archiving messages, anyway.

> > It is obviously nice to have embedded images. I guess the text is
> > supposed to be monospaced, but since Debian upgraded to the ESR version
> > of Firefox from Iceweasel, I've been waiting for them to fix the font
> > assignments that the upgrade broke to no avail. It does make me wonder
> > about formatting the tables,
>
> Ah, interesting. With Chromium (57.0.2987.98), Firefox (52.0.2 and
> 53.0), and even rekonq (2.4.2, KDE 4.14.22), all on Ubuntu 16.10, I
> get a monospaced font for <pre>...</pre>.
>
> I've now added
>
> pre {
>     font-family: monospace;
> }
>
> to the CSS. Does this help ?

No, but the problem is the "upgrade" managing to remove the mapping from
"monospace" to a monospaced font. (Someone thinks "DejaVu Sans" is such a
font, I imagine.) I guess I'll dig into my font configuration and fix it
manually, given that nobody ever got back to me on my bug report.

I think "pre" is obliged to be a monospaced font by default, if you look at
the HTML and CSS specifications.

Paul